"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Freemarket.com Marketplace

Friday, December 02, 2011

Efren Reyes - Rubilen Amit Pair Defeats Johnny Archer - Jeanette Lee Team-Up In The 2nd Annual World Mixed Doubles Final


"They can beat me now, but they can never achieve what I've achieved." - Efren "The Magician" Reyes
 


The Philippines’ Efren Bata Reyes and Rubilen Amit, World Mixed Doubles defending pair, retained their title after posting a 10-6 victory against America’s very own Johnny Archer and Jeanette Lee in the final round of the event – held in Hangzhou, China today.


The final match saw Reyes and Amit walked away with another 2nd Annual World Mixed Doubles title just as they walked away with the first ever World Mixed Doubles crown as well as the $6,000 champions' purse in 2009 after defeating South Koreans Charlie Williams and Eun Ji Park, 9-7. The event took place in Manila.





Before braving “The Scorpion” and “The Black Widow” of America, Reyes-Amit team-up faced China’s bets Li Hewen and Fu Xiaofang, 8-9, in the semi-finals. Meanwhile, after a 6-9 lost against Team USA, Alison Fisher and Craig Osborne of Team England proceeded to defeat the Chinese Li He Wen and Fu Xiaofang, 8-4, and landed on the third place of the competition.

I am just so happy for these two. Efren Bata Reyes has been screwing his matches lately – at least matches that I know of, specifically the ones held in Manila this year. This is forgivable considering his age. LOL. Meanwhile Rubilen Amit got eliminated in the World 10-Ball quarterfinals, also held in Manila last month. I’m happy that these two Pinoys won this event. Although it is really not a major event, winning the competition will definitely boost their morale and inspire them to play better. I’m also giving kudos to Lee Van Corteza and Iris Ranola who joined as well.

Disclaimer: Clearly, the images are not mine. No copyright infringement intended.

No comments:

create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!